Google Authorship is a way to link your Google+ profile with your other content on the web, including your Experts Exchange solutions and articles.When people use Google to search, your picture and profile will appear next to the results that contain your articles and solutions. This increases the visibility and credibility of your solutions and articles. More information about Authorship can be found in this article from Google.
You can enable Authorship by following these steps (screen shots follow):
- Log in to your Experts Exchange account.
- Click on your profile picture in the upper right and select "Settings", then select the "Sharing" tab.
- Click the Enabled radio button next to Google Authorship to see the steps for enabling Authorship.
- Enter the URL of your Google+ profile. To find that URL, log in to your Google+ profile. Hover over the Home icon in the upper left, and then click the Profile icon. Copy the URL from your browser and paste it into the entry field on Experts Exchange.
- Click Validate URL. This will show you the name and profile picture of the profile you've selected, and how the URL will appear on your profile.
- Confirm that the profile is correct and click the button that says "Yes, this is correct".
- Click Save. This links to your Google+ profile from Experts Exchange. You must also link to Experts Exchange from Google to complete the process.
- Return to your Google+ profile and click the About tab.
- Scroll down to the Links section on the right, and click Edit.
- Under Contributor to, click Add custom link.
- In the URL section, add the Experts Exchange URL: http://www.experts-exchange.com
- You can also add a label, such as “Experts Exchange”.
- The visibility will automatically to “Public”, but you can change that if you wish. You can also note whether you are a “Current contributor” (the default choice), or a “Past contributor.”
- When you’ve finished filling out this section, click Save. You’ll see Experts Exchange listed in the Links section of your Google+ profile.
That completes the process of linking to your Google+ profile. Your username on your EE profile will now link to your Google+ profile.
Once you’ve enabled Authorship, you can plug URLs from your articles or solutions into Google’s Rich Snippets tool to see what they’ll look like in Google search results.
Enable Authorship in profile.
Validating your profile URL.
Profile button in Google+.
Links section of Google+ profile.
Contributor to section in Google+ profile.
Completed Contributor to in Google+ profile.