Make sure that your replacement information, or "dummy data" still includes the necessary code or examples to keep the question thread intact for other users to follow.
Please avoid posting sensitive information in the future by following the guidelines provided here.
If you posted a question, comment, file, or code snippet that must be scrubbed of confidential or sensitive information, please follow these steps:
- Prepare your replacement code, file, comment, or question by substituting any sensitive information with example data or "dummy data" (For example: you can replace a live URL with wwww.example.com, or an email address with email@example.com).
- You can use the comment ID, code snippet line, or file name to reference the location of the text or file to be removed. Please keep in mind: all replacement data must preserve the critical example code or reference data to keep your question thread and solution intact.
- Find the question thread that contains the confidential information you need removed, and post a Request for Attention. For instructions on Requesting Attention, view this support article.
- In your Request for Attention, simply describe your need to remove confidential information. Don't forget to specify the location(s), the text or file(s) to be replaced, and the necessary replacement data. See the screenshot below for an example.
- If necessary, you can post a comment in the Request Attention thread with your replacement file or any additional information you forgot.
Our Moderator team will respond to your Request for Attention in the order that it was received.
Please keep in mind that our Moderators will not remove or replace any code or text if the change compromises the integrity of the question thread.