Make sure that your replacement information, or "dummy data" still includes the necessary code or examples to keep the question thread intact for other users to follow.
Please avoid posting sensitive information in the future by following the guidelines provided here.
If you posted a question, comment, file, or code snippet that must be scrubbed of confidential or sensitive information, please follow these steps:
- Prepare your replacement code, file, comment, or question by substituting any sensitive information with example data or "dummy data" (For example: you can replace a live URL with wwww.example.com, or an email address with email@example.com).
- You can use the comment ID, code snippet line, or file name to reference the location of the text or file to be removed. Please keep in mind: all replacement data must preserve the critical example code or reference data to keep your question thread and solution intact.
- Find the question thread that contains the confidential information you need removed, and Report Question. For instructions on Reporting Question, view this support article.
- In your report, simply describe your need to remove confidential information. Don't forget to specify the location(s), the text or file(s) to be replaced, and the necessary replacement data. See the screenshot below for an example.
- If necessary, you can post a comment in the report thread with your replacement file or any additional information you forgot.
Our Moderator team will respond to your report in the order that it was received.
Please keep in mind that our Moderators will consider options for removal or replacement of any code or text as long as it does not compromise the integrity of the question.