Why can’t I log in to my Experts Exchange account?
There are a number of factors that could contribute to you having difficulty accessing or logging into your Experts Exchange account. Please take a look at the items below and contact Customer Support if you have continued trouble.
- If you forgot the username or email address on your account, please contact us so that we can locate the correct login credentials for you.
- If you forgot your password, it can be reset at our Forgot Password page. You will need to know the correct email address on your account for this to work.
- Usernames and email addresses used to log in are not case-sensitive, but passwords are. Click the “Show Password” checkbox as you’re entering your password to ensure that the capitalization is correct. Log in now
- If you’re logging in with correct credentials but the account is not appearing as you expected (for example, there’s no “Billing” tab when you are paying for a subscription), it’s possible that you have multiple accounts with us. In this case, please contact us so that we can locate any and all accounts you have with us.
Browser and System Settings
- If you haven’t already, try using a different browser to log in. If the new browser works, you’ll want to clear the cookies and cache in the browser you originally used. (Check out our article with instructions on how to do so in various browsers.)
- Make sure you’re using a browser that’s supported by Experts Exchange. For the full list of browsers we support, check out this article.
- Some browser add-ons or plugins could block cookies from being stored in your browser and prevent you from logging in. To test this, disable any add-ons or plugins your browser has installed, and attempt to log in again.
- If you’ve entered the correct login credentials, and clicked the login submit button to load the page, and the page is still showing that you’re logged out with no error message explaining why, you might be running into an issue with your firewall software. In particular, we often see this behavior affecting customers who have an Untangle Box™. To fix this error, you’ll need to whitelist Experts Exchange’s domain in the Spyware Blocker and Web Filtering portions of this device. That should allow you to successfully log into the site.