If a question has not received a comment from anyone within the last 14 days it goes into a new “Inactive” state.
Inactive question state details:
- Only Participants, Author, Mods & TA’s have the option to comment
- Once a comment is posted the question is no longer in the inactive state
- Participants can request to close the question by selecting the best/assisted solutions.
- If closed by a participant, it triggers our standard “Close Request Pending” process where Participants, Authors, Mods and TA’s have the 4 days to object to how the question is being closed.
- If no one objects, the question is closed as recommended
- If someone objects, the question remains in the inactive state
Inactive question message to participants:
Inactive question message to non-participants:
- Participants will receive an email letting them know when the question goes into the inactive state eg "Help resolve this question."
- Authors will still receive the abandoned question email
- Inactive state is an available filter in advanced search
Close Request Objections & Request Attentions
Objecting to a close request will automatically file a request for attention. The ability to request attention is available for anyone to use as necessary.
Inactive question in the process of being resolved: