Our auto-sharing feature allows you to share your questions, articles, and solutions automatically through social media. First, you will need to authorize automatic sharing with Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn. Once you’re authorized, you can share your content through social media by checking a box before you submit it.
To authorize auto-sharing for Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn, you can follow these steps (screen shots below):
- Log in to your Experts Exchange account.
- Click on your profile picture in the upper right, and select "Settings".
- Jump or scroll to the “Sharing Preferences” section of the page to see where you can authorize your social media accounts to share your EE contributions.
- Check any of the boxes below the social media outlet for which you want to authorize automatic sharing. Clicking a checkbox will generate a popup window from that social media site. You'll need to log into your account and authorize Experts Exchange to access the account.
When you’ve completed this authorization, you’ll see that social media site’s logo, along with your profile picture and username. You can revoke this authorization by clicking the X to the left of the icon.
Once you have authorized your social networks to share your actions on Experts Exchange, you can share manually when you post something new, or you can opt to share some actions automatically.
- To set yourself up to share automatically, head to the Sharing page of your profile and check the boxes on the actions you’d like to share by default. Click “Preview” to see what these messages will look like when you share them. Make sure you click “Save” when you’re done.
- You can share your comments and other actions manually by checking the boxes below the Submit button when you post a question, comment, or article. Clicking “Submit” posts your content and shares that action on social media.
*Note:* If you’ve opted in to sharing an action, the checkbox will be checked automatically. You can un-check it if you prefer not to share.
With all social media sites authorized.