If you're new to Experts Exchange, first sign up as a Premium Member and then login with your email address and password.
First things first, fill out your profile! Click the avatar in the upper right hand corner to navigate to your page where you can add a display name, photo, professional certifications, and fill out your bio.
Next, add firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book and white-list our domain so that you receive our emails. You might also want to check your Junk Mail folder from time to time to make sure you're receiving all of our notifications. We'll also send you on-site notifications to keep you informed about what's going on on the site.
Now that you're set up you can Ask a Question or Search for a Solution. Since you're new we recommend reading our step by step guide on asking a question. One of our long-time Experts (Lunchy) has compiled some great tips asking a question. Check out how to ask questions like a pro and make sure to vote up his article if you find it helpful.
Here's a few other things you can do on Experts Exchange:
- Read how-to articles or write your own and give back to the community (make sure to take a look at the guidelines and tips for writing articles).
- Watch our video tutorials and get tips on MS Excel, VBA Script, SQL Server and more.
- You can start networking with other members of the site by following them and sending them messages.
- Earn achievements by participating on the site. Check out the full list of achievements you can earn here.
- Earn points to receive free Premium Member access.
- Add Topics to your Workspace for easy access to your favorite topic areas.
- Create a Saved Search on your topics of expertise. It's the easiest way to find questions you can answer (and we'll even notify you by email or on-site notification if a new question or article pops up, if you'd like).
Tips from CS:
- Customer Support can walk you through anything so contact us!
- Our Experts are volunteers, but they're here to help YOU, so ask away!
- You are more likely to get an answer quicker during normal business hours (Monday-Friday 8-5pm) than on weekends but please keep in mind that Experts live all over the world so there is activity 24/7. If you're working on a time sensitive project, check out Live for instant 1:1 help.
- When an Expert responds to your question please respond back to him by commenting on the question thread. We're all here to help each other and back and forth communication is essential for a good solution!
- As a Premium Member you can ask unlimited questions.
- Make sure to check out your Workspace; it's all of your activity under one roof.