Welcome to Experts Exchange! We've put this small introductory guide together so you can get an idea of what we can do for you.
First things first, you will need to create a username in order to participate on Experts Exchange. Once you choose a username, it cannot be changed so please choose carefully. Your account is identified by your username whenever you post on the site. As an alternative to your username, you can add your first and last name to your account. You can change this name at any time and it does not have to be unique, so it is much more flexible.
Second, add firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book and white-list our domain so that you receive our emails. You might also want to check your Junk Mail folder from time to time to make sure you're receiving all of our notifications. We'll also send you on-site notifications to keep you informed about what's going on on the site.
Next, verify your email address by going to your email client and clicking on the email verification link in the email titled "Verify Your Email Address". You will be redirected back to Experts Exchange. If you did not receive a 'verify email' from Experts Exchange, log into your account and click on the "Verify your Email Address" box located on the right hand side of your screen.
As a Basic Member you can:
- Ask unlimited questions
- View unlimited solutions
- Read how-to articles or write your own and give back to the community (make sure to take a look at the guidelines and tips for writing articles).
- Preview video micro tutorials
- Customize your profile and introduce yourself to the community.
- You can start networking with other members of the site by following them. Other members may send you messages; reply to these to expand your network.
- Earn achievements by participating on the site. Check out the full list of achievements you can earn here.
- Add Topics to your Workspace for easy access to your favorite topic areas.
- Create a Saved Search on your topics of expertise to easily find questions you can answer. Manage your notifications to receive an email if a new question is asked.
Tips from CS:
- Have questions about how the site works? Ask and view solutions in the Community Support topics, our Moderators are here to help!
- Customer Support can walk you through anything - contact us!
- No time to answer questions? Upgrade to a Premium Membership for a month, you can always cancel your subscription any time to never be billed again.
- Make sure to check out your Workspace; it's all of your activity under one roof.
- Want more free features? Feedback is encouraged to help us improve our service. Let us know what you want to see out of a free limited service.