If you're new to Experts Exchange, first sign up as an Expert and then login with your email address and password.
First things first, you will need to fill out your profile. This is where the rest of the community can learn a little more about you, so be sure to add a display name (easily customizable, unlike the username), add a photo, and fill in your professional experience and industry certifications. Some find it easier to simply click "Import LinkedIn Profile" to fill out the details.
Second, add email@example.com to your address book and white-list our domain so that you receive our emails. You might also want to check your Junk Mail folder from time to time to make sure you're receiving all of our notifications.
Next, set your availability for Live, Gigs, and Careers to make some cash on Experts Exchange.
Here's a few other things you can do on Experts Exchange:
- Start answering questions and receive Free Premium Membership.
- Read how-to articles or write your own and give back to the community (make sure to take a look at the guidelines and tips for writing articles).
- Watch tutorials and get tips on MS Excel, VBA Script, SQL Server and more.
- Add Topics to your Workspace for easy access to your favorite topic areas.
- Create a Saved Search on your topics of expertise. It's the easiest way to find questions you can answer (and we'll even notify you by email if a new question pops up if you'd like).
- Check out our blog for helpful tips about career advancement and Experts Exchange best practices!
Tips from CS:
- Customer Support can walk you through anything so contact us!
- Searching is not asking a question but we can show you how to get some great search results by following these tips
- Our Experts are volunteers but they're here to help YOU so ask away!
- You are more likely to get an answer quicker during normal business hours (Monday-Friday 8-5pm) than on weekends but please keep in mind that Experts live all over the world so there is activity 24/7.
- When an Expert responds to your question please respond back to him by commenting on the question thread. We're all here to help each other and back and forth communication is essential for a good solution!
- Make sure to check out your Workspace; it's all of your activity under one roof.