- Account-related notifications. For example, if you add an email address and it hasn’t been verified, you will receive a verification emails. If you use the forgot password feature, your new password will be emailed to you. If you earn Qualified Expert status, we’ll notify you by email and with an on-site notification. These notifications cannot be turned off.
- Billing emails. You’ll get an email if you change your billing plan. If you are on a six month, annual, or two year billing plan, we’ll send you a reminder email before each renewal. If your account is suspended due to a declined credit card or other billing reason, we’ll send you an email. These emails cannot be turned off.
- Content-related notifications. Anytime you author a new piece of content or participate in existing you will be subscribed to any future updates made to it. If you are the author of the question, article, project, or video, you are not able to unsubscribe from these notifications. If you are not the author, you can stop receiving these notifications any time by clicking the “Unmonitor” button at the top of the question, article, project, or video. You can control which types of notifications you receive for each content type from the communications settings. Emails that offer this level of control include links to disable future emails in their footers.
- Networking notifications. If you receive messages from other members, you can decide whether you’d like to receive emails notifying you of the new messages. You can also decide whether to receive notifications when another member follows you.
- Expert Alerts. If you create a saved search and set it up to send you alerts, these will be sent to you at the frequency you select. You can turn these off at any time by editing or deleting your saved search. If you qualify as a Designated Expert, you’ll be sent Neglected Question Alerts for Neglected Questions in the topics you’re assigned. To stop these alerts, you need to update your Designated Expert notifications.
- Newsletters. If you are subscribed to the EE Newsletter, each issue will be emailed to you. You can unsubscribe at any time with the Unsubscribe link at the bottom of the newsletter.
- Marketing emails. Marketing emails are sent out occasionally to those members who are subscribed to that email list. You can unsubscribe at any time with the Unsubscribe link at the bottom of these emails.
What kind of notifications will I be sent from Experts Exchange?
When you sign up for Experts Exchange, the only method we have to contact you is your email address. Therefore, any information that is important to your account will be sent to you via email. Therefore, it’s crucial that you maintain a valid and current email address on file. Be sure to verify your email address to ensure that you'll receive notifications from Experts Exchange. We will also send some notifications to you as on-site notifications. EE sends out the following kinds of notifications. (Note that the examples provided don’t include every email of that type.):