Where are my messages?
You can find all the messages you’ve been sent in your inbox. Additionally, your unread messages will be listed in the messaging drawer that you can access from the site header.
To open the messaging drawer in the header, click the messaging icon.
- To open your inbox, click the “View All Messages” link in the messaging drawer.
Messages are grouped in threads, which contain the original message that was sent and all the replies to it.
Message threads are listed in order of date, with the most recent messages at the top of the inbox.
Mark as Unread marks the messages as unread and adds them to the count of unread messages in the header.
Delete permanently deletes all messages in the thread. Be sure you really want to delete the entire message thread, because there is no trash folder, and deleted messages cannot be recovered.
Sending a messageTo send a message, click “New Message”.
Reading and replying to Messages
To read and/or reply to a message, select a message from the left side of the page. The message thread will display in the main column. To reply to the message, enter your message into the text field and click Send.
Email Notifications for Messages
You can choose whether you’d like to be sent an email when you receive a new message or have unread messages waiting for you. To do so, follow these steps:
- Click your profile picture in the upper right
- Select “Settings”
- Select the Communications tab and open the Network section of the page
- From here, you can set your preference for being sent an email when you receive a message. Selecting “Yes” will ensure that you are sent an email each time you’re sent a new message, so you know when to check your inbox. If you select “No,” your new messages will still appear on the site.
- You can also decide whether you'd like to receive a weekly reminder email if you have unread messages. Selecting “Yes” will ensure that you are sent a reminder email each week if you have unread messages in your inbox. If you select “No,” your new messages will still appear on the site.
What if I receive spam or abusive messages?
Please report abusive, inappropriate, or spam messages. Learn more.