Here are the steps for asking a question:1. Click "Ask a Question" from the top navigation.
This will take you to the Question Wizard: https://www.experts-exchange.com/askQuestion.jsp As you complete each portion of the form, you’ll see a guide on the right-hand side to help you ask your question.
Here are the sections you’ll need to complete in order to ask a question:
- Title: A concise description of your problem. Keep it relatively short but do your best to convey the subject of your question. Titles are truncated on most lists available for Experts to see, so it is to your advantage if you use a short, specific title.
- Body: The complete description of your problem. Please be clear when describing the problem you are having and give as much specific information as you can. It will be useful to the Experts to describe any steps you’ve already taken. Please note that you can also attach files, code snippets, and images by clicking the relevant hyperlink.
- Select Topics: Topic(s) related to your question. Selecting appropriate Topics is important; Experts in these Topics are notified when new questions are posted and are likely to respond. We recommend posting in multiple Topics, and the maximum of five when possible, to increase your question’s exposure. Our system will automatically add some topics based on your question title and content, but you can add more or replace the recommended ones if they're wrong. Start typing and existing topics will be suggested as you type. Select from the list and the topic will appear within the field.
- You can also propose entirely new topics by typing a name that does not already exist, but you will need to use at least one official topic.
- After posting your question, our system may automatically add additional topics related to ones you selected, and other users may further edit your topics to better help with categorization.
Once you’ve completed this form, click the “Submit” button. Please check over all the information before submitting and make sure it is correct.
You will receive on-site notifications and email notifications each time an Expert comments on your question. Please read and respond to each Expert comment as appropriate.
Easily reference this question by opening your Workspace (briefcase icon) from the header, selecting “My Open Questions” and clicking the question title.
Don't know what information to put on your question? This article explains how to write a complete and descriptive question.