Saved searches (formerly known as Expert Filters) can help you quickly reference commonly-searched terms for any topic, whether you are looking for questions to answer or seeking to learn more about a specific issue.
To create a saved search, please follow these steps (screen shots below):
- Log in to your Experts Exchange account.
- Perform a search, by using the search field in the header.
- You can edit your search or narrow your results by using the tools at the top of the results page.
- When you're satisfied with the search results and decide you want to save this search, click "Save This Search" above the search results. (Note: You can also save your search by checking the "Save this search" checkbox at the bottom of the Advanced Search page.)
- Add a title for your saved search. This will appear in the Saved Searches section of your workspace, and in any Expert Alert notifications sent from this search.
- Select whether you'd like to receive Expert Alert notifications that will be sent to you when new results match your saved search. Select whether you'd like to be sent on-site, mobile, or email notifications. If you want to receive emails, select how frequently you'd like them to be sent. Choose from between alerts for every result, every hour, or every day. On-site notifications will send matching results to your notification list shown under the bell icon. Mobile notifications will push alerts to your phone if you have the Experts Exchange app. For more information about Expert Alerts, check out this article.
- Click "Save" to finish saving your search.
Your saved search will now appear in the Saved Searches section of your workspace.
Searching from the header.
Editing your search or narrowing your results.
Saving your search from the search results.
Confirmation message that your search was saved.
Your Saved Searches in your Workspace.
Your Saved Searches on the homepage.