1. You can enter text and format it as a code snippet using the “code” formatting. Just highlight the text you want to be formatted as code, and click the “code” button. You can also insert [code] at the beginning of your snippet and [/code] at the end to achieve the same effect.
2. You can also embed a snippet to into your question by using the “</>” formatting button and following these steps:
- Click on the </> located next to ‘code’. This is the ‘embed code snippet’ window.
- A warning box will pop up letting you know not to post sensitive information, click “continue”
- A box will pop up where you can paste your code, click “embed”
- Your snippet will appear embedded in the question or comment. You can view the code by clicking on “preview”
- Click “submit” to post your question or send your comment to the asker
See Screenshots below: