As the owner of a project, you can close bugs by granting points or by closing it as not a bug. Please see the screen shots below.
Note that both buttons to close the bug can also be found on the list of all bugs below your project.
If the bug matched your project description and is a valid bug, you should close it by awarding points to the expert who found it.
- Click the “Bug: Grant Points” button below the bug description.
- Select a point total to award. You can choose between 20 and 500 points, depending on how relevant the bug is and how helpful the expert was.
- If you want to thank the expert or explain why you’ve awarded a certain number of points, you can leave a closing comment.
- Click “Submit”. The closed bug will now appear under the “Closed Bugs” tab on the project page.
If the bug was outside the scope of your project description, or if the reported behavior is expected, you should close the bug by marking it as not a bug.
- Click the “Close: Not a Bug” button below the bug description.
- Leave a comment explaining why you’ve classified this report as not a bug. If applicable, you can choose from the default response drop-down menu.
- Click "Submit". The closed bug will now appear under the “Closed Bugs” tab on the project page.
Grant Points button.
Closing a Bug and granting points.
Not a Bug button.
Closing a bug as Not a Bug.
Click here to return to the index of Expert Testing support pages.